Although, Krakow is a city with well-organised public transport, there are many obstacles to get to work, school, whatever, due to traffic jams. Recently, ZIKIT (Management of municipal infrastructure and transport in Krakow - in polish - Zarząd Infrastruktury Komunalnej i Transportu w Krakowie) has released an alternative way to get to your destination - BY BIKE. KMK Bike is a chance for those who want to travel ecologically and on time.
How to rent a bike? You need to register on www.kmkbike.pl . Click on the link and follow the instruction:
Click "Rejestracja" (Registration) the blue button under "Logowanie" (Log in). Fulfill all required fields in an online form. Then, you will receive an e-mail in which you need to click on the link to confirm information about you. Next, you will receive via SMS a conforming code that you are obligated to fill in "Szczegółowe dane" (Details). After receiving a password, recharge your account a minimum amount of 20 PLN (it is more or less 5€ - depends on current exchange rate). If you want to rent a bike, it has to be at least 10 PLN on your account!
The instruction of renting a bike:
1. Click the button "Rent"
2. Enter your mobile phone number - the same you filled in the form
3. Enter the password that you received during the registration process
4. Enter the electronic lock number to the bike are renting
5. You have only 5 minutes to taking out the bike
The instruction of returning a bike:
1. Find a place with electronic lock
2. Click the button "Return"
3. Enter your mobile phone number
4. Enter the password you received during the registration process
5. Enter the electronic lock number
6. You have only 5 minutes to plugging the bike into the electronic lock
1. Renting a bike from 0 to 30 minutes - 0 PLN
2. Renting from 31 to 60 minutes - 3 PLN
3. Every next hour - 3 PLN
The maximum time of renting is 12 hours.